Sunday, November 7, 2010

Excerpts from Mona's diary - 1

My ex-roomie Mona stayed in my room for a brief period of two weeks. In the limited conversations we had, I found out that she was a classy philosopher and had just broken up with her boyfriend. I wanted to know more about her but never did we have time to talk and when we had time I always ended up consoling her.

I am not sure why she vacated but when she had gone, she had forgotten her diaries - not 1 but a full set of 11 books. I tried to call her and tell her that. She refused and through our common friends I found out that she had deliberately forgotten them.

It always gives a high to read someone's diary and hence when I was left with this set of 11 books and a whole lot of time, I was excited.

This is the first excerpt that I found way too sweet for a break up note.

"Hey dude...

Its a lotta senti stuff. If you can bear with it, go ahead.
I am not a sadist and do not intend to hurt you. I am trying to tell you some trivial truth.


uff..... Life teaches us a million lessons and its a rarity that it teaches the same lesson a million times. I never wanted to throw myself to torture by placing myself in wrong hands. I always knew what life was teaching me. But still I fell in love with you. I was like this light insect burning itself in fire.

Now that I've embraced fire with open arms, life is laughing at me saying "see what you've made out of yourself? how many times did I warn you?"

I've always been a stubborn child and I've always refused to learn this one hard lesson.

After all this, I feel its more of self betrayal than being betrayed by you. I do not blame you or Sajid or Mukesh or Manju or who the %@^$ so ever....I knew this day would come but hadn't imagined it would come so soon. Never mind about one mindless helpless kid (or onelustful , "small jollu party"-ish female as you want to put it) who came to you in search of love, in turn freedom.

Times move on (or time moves on?) so does you and me. After a bit of crying I'll forget I ever knew any Pradeep. Its more easy for you I guess.

I had really started loving you. I was stupid to search for your 9957 blue pulsar wherever I went in the market! Anyway..... I am glad all my madness is coming to an end.

I wont be able to thank you enough as my vocabulary fails me to convey my heart full of gratitude. But let me try. Thank you for caressing my life with joy and peace. I am pleased to have met someone as exotic as you and known you from a very close angle.

I wish the very best to happen with you. My best regards to Tunga aunty, uncle, Prathap. Last time I had been to temple, I remember I had prayed God to let Pallavi's soul rest in peace.

"Ganesh ge malena ?" style alli I am giving your advice back. Keep the smile. I cant imagine you without one.

Heartfelt thanks and Regards,
Mona

1 comment:

  1. All characters, events and places discussed in this blog are purely fictitious and any resemblance to anybody is purely coincidental.

    and this makes it more sensual!

    ReplyDelete