Monday, October 12, 2009

Picture Perfect

Some moments are meant to be cherished for life time. My friend Deepa’s picture perfect story goes like this:

It was in the evening when we landed on the KanyaKumari beach and the sun was sinking in to the blue sea. In the bus only I was day dreaming about you - that one day in the cool breeze of the setting sun, we both would walk on the sands of the lonely beach, hand in hand. I had imagined all the possible assurance and love in the firmness with which you held my hand. I knew things were beautiful in dreams and at that moment I loved to dream about you forever and forever.

As these thoughts elapsed in my mind, a gleam in my eye was stuck and everybody in the bus gave me a second look as if they recognized that I am possessing super natural energy... Well that’s the thing called Love.

I was deeply in love with you and I was floating in the air - every second as I imagined the good things that we would do together. It gave me unquantifiable pleasures that were unknown to me all my life.

Only one month previous to this I was told about you, that you were one of the highly successful software engineer sons of my wealthy uncles and that you were very good at academics and all that. All my relatives were gaga about you that you had come back after 3 years of software solitude in Americas. All of my cousins wanted to associate themselves with you. Long before you came to India, you were famous.

When I first saw you in our tour to kanyakumari and other places down south, my heart skipped a beat and my mouth was squarely open for more than a second in the process of trying to believe what’s just been seen with my eyes. You were the most charismatic person I had ever seen in my life. In all the day-dreams of mine after that, it was your eyes that were the sources of light (both physical and philosophical light I mean).

In the bus journey, you had noticed that I was starting to like you. How much I wished that you noticed. You had deeply analyzed the long and hideous stares exchanged between us, moments of more than often smiling, moments of over reacting when you were near.. etc...

And I knew that you were analyzing, - taking time to understand what exactly is happening in my head and – heart. You had reacted very casually, or matured-ly I must say. You never let anyone know that there were some powerful transactions running between our eyes. Helping to this was your ‘not so social’ and shy conversating skills. You spoke less to everyone and that’s what attracted me the most. But later in the same bus drive, when you really starting speaking to me, not with the eyes but with the words, I started getting scared that you might lose the appeal as ‘the wanted one’ by me. Well… my fear was only short lived as you made it ease with me and my first cousins with humble and friendly words.. At that time also I felt that its your eyes that did the most part of conversation with me.

When we stepped in to the ocean water at kanya kumari, the waters were violent but I always wished to stand facing the torrent waters of the sea. I was standing in water till knee height and you came and held my hand. I was shocked when I realized that it was you who held my hand. You asked me whether I wanted to go further and stand in the way of high waves as if that was your idea too. We went further bravely holding hand in hand. Your fingers were leaner than mine but very firm. When the water reached to our abdomens, you looked straight in to my eyes and said some thing..

Chethan: You love me?
Me: (Shocked for the second time) I think Yes! (I shrugged hesitantly)
Chethan: I think so too! (A little sigh)
Me: What? You think I love you ? (Thinking more on practical terms)
Chethan: No.. I think I love you too…(A small laugh)

Hmm that’s my story. My perfect moment of life...4 years ago. I am getting married to Chethan in the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment