Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Six Years Ago

6th October 2003

Six years back I was in those first few days of BMSCE. It was a whole new world- A world of abysmal despair, a world of severe homesickness, a world of million opportunities, a world of limitless hope, and a world of infinite possibilities. When I got the first call on my uncle’s landline from Dilip it was too early in the morning. My uncle and aunt didn’t know anything about it. As they were all sleeping I spoke quietly and went back to sleep. The second was from Kavyashree and by then aunt knew that it was in fact my birthday.
Later I got ready wearing the new ill fitting dress to college and in college nobody knew that it’s my birthday. All the previous years I had blissful times on birthdays and on that day there was not even word spoken about it. It felt suicidal and I cried a lot. That was the first day when I started really feeling the ‘Away from home’ blues. All the Earlier times I had ignored and denied the homesickness in me. But that day when the rain swept my tears on the road near Ramakrishna Ashram, I understood what it meant. It was a sickening feeling and I was dreaded.
Day by day, as I started spending time with the new found friends, the despair and anxiety in me were replaced with fun and laughter. I never realized how those six years went by in just two minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment